Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Masterclass Part 3: Hiring VAs isn't for everyone. Is it for you???

(OFS = Online Filipino Specialist)

One day while attending a local networking meetup I had a conversation with the late John Bresee, the creative mind behind backcountry.com. I was airing out some of my frustrations and failures. As the conversation proceeded he said:

When you’re ready to start outsourcing, make sure you go to the Philippines with it.

What?!?!! 

He explained why the Philippines was different.

No, I had NOT tried outsourcing specifically to the Philippines. Could it really be that simple? 

The idea gave me hope. John Bresee was incredibly successful and clearly knew what he was talking about. In the remainder of our short conversation, he gave me some encouragement and told me where to find and hire someone from the Philippines.

...and I DIDN’T DO IT.  

That’s right. 
I’d been burned. 
I was tired. 
I was wary of more risk.  
I didn’t know if there was really someone talented enough to meet my business needs. 
I didn’t know if I could afford it. 
I just didn’t know. 
So I didn’t do anything.


It took me two months to finally come to terms with the fact that I just needed to try it. What I was doing wasn’t working. I needed HELP; I couldn’t keep drowning in my own business. I’d hit the point of desperation.

So using John’s referral, I hired my first Filipino VA through an agency.  

It
Changed
My 
Life!

He wasn't an OFS (Online Filipino Specialist) because he wasn't a specialist!  He didn't really know much. He really was a virtual "assistant". 

Masterclass Tip #3 - Hiring VAs or OFS in the Philippines isn’t for everyone.  
It works super well for some.
Not at all for others.
Which group do you fit in?
YOU’LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY!
Take the leap (it IS a leap) and hire someone. 
I waited months before hiring someone.  Fortunately I didn’t wait years.  
But...I have people tell me all the time “I heard you talk about this years ago but I never did it until recently.  It’s amazing!  I wish I would have done this sooner.”

Now’s the time to figure out if this works for you.  If you want help finding a great OFS, I'll help at www.OneVAAway.com.  I’ll walk you through it.  And I guarantee you’ll find someone good.


John

PS. The people it usually doesn't work for are those who expect perfection the first time. They're not willing to work through processes or problems with their VAs. This isn't a magic bullet. It doesn't often work the very first time.  It takes work. But when it works...dang it's good!

 


-----


Our mailing address is:
OnlineJobs.ph 770 E Main St Ste 250 Lehi, UT 84043-2293 USA

unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Insight

Masterclass Part 3: Hiring VAs isn't for everyone. Is it for you???

(OFS = Online Filipino Specialist) One day while attending a local network...

Trending Now